It is not time which needs to be managed; it is ourselves.
- 16 years or older and unemployed?
- 16 years or older and working 19 hours or less per week?
If you fall under any of these two categories we have lots of ways to help!
For over 15 years the Skills Centre has been successfully helping people find a direction. We offer one-to-one appointments with a Career Counsellors in order to assist you with career decision-making, job search, training, or, tips on how to keep a job. Make an appointment or register online (see the sidebar) to explore the following services:
- assessment of your current skills and abilities
- creating a plan that will get you back to work
- career planning and assessments to help you discover a career path
- assistance with resumes and cover letters
- tools and tips to help you search for employment
- help with interview preparation
- training opportunities/options
- referrals to other service providers in our community
These services are FREE! So book your appointment or log on today to get started.
can simply come in to use a computer, fax machine, or one of our many in-house resources to complete your job search or career plan on your own.
Feel free to snoop around our site for some awesome online resources in any of the above topics or check out the WorkBC site for a host of their online resources. Whatever you do, act today, there's no time like the present to get your job search or career started!
Also checkout what's happening in BC's labour market with the new BCJob's Plan.